It is important to be familiar with the link between cancer and environmental toxins in order to educate yourself on ways to minimize exposure to these compounds. Unfortunately, cancer will strike one in three human beings. It is absolutely vital to offer the following resources to prevent cancer and heal yourself. Below is the list of cancer causing agents that we all should attempt to avoid.
- Do not smoke or subject yourself to second hand smoke OUse a high quality air purifier in your home
- Avoid chlorinated water by using special water filters as well as dechlorinators on your shower
- Do not drink fluoridated water or use fluoridated toothpaste
- We recommend MEND WATER and MOUNTAIN VALLEY SPRING WATER (information on the water available upon request)
- Buy organic fruits and vegetables grown without pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers or hormones.
- Buy fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables.
- When possible avoid canned foods.
- Buy grass-fed and lower fat, hormone free meat, eggs and dairy products and avoid eating the fat of the animal.
- Eat fish low in mercury and fats, since toxins accumulate in the fat of the roughy, moon fish, bass, marlin, and trout (these fish contain the highest mercury levels).
- Reduce consumption of salt- cured, smoked and nitrate- cured foods.
- Do not drink or eat foods that contain sugar substitutes such as aspartame ( NutraSweet and Equal). These contain methyl alcohol which can break down into formaldehyde in the body.
- Avoid all refined sugar, which usually contains silicon. Stevia is a healthy substitute.
- Wash all vegetables with a vegetable washing agent.
- Store all foods in glass containers. Avoid cans and plastic.
- Eat a macrobiotic diet. “The Cure Is In The Kitchen” by Sherry Rogers provides the best diet solutions.
- Drink water out of glass jars or cups instead of plastic bottles.
- Avoid plastics as much as possible, by storing food in glass or ceramic containers.
- Do not heat food in plastic containers or with plastic wrap over the top.
- Buy condiments in glass containers 0Keep paper bags in your car for groceries.
- Glass water bottles are available at our Healthy Living Store.
- Engage in 30 minutes of intense aerobic exercise 4-5 times per week
- Avoid exposure to chemicals
- Build positive relationships in your life
- Listen to good music, sing or play an instrument
- Slow down, avoid stress
- Try to be outside daily, even if it’s raining
- Spend time with nature during the weekend
- Healthy diet, protein, omega 3s, 10 servings of fruits and vegetables
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water per day – clean pure water (Jupiter system)
- Avoid lots of caffeine
- Get rid of food allergies
- Use spices as your medicine
- Use a good multivitamin, antioxidants, EFAs, and calcium with magnesium
- Have a hormone evaluation
All of the above, plus:
- Heavy metals – use a heavy metal chelator that energetically fits your body
- General daily detoxification
- Heel Detox-Kit
- Restore teeth with metal-free restoration or zirconium oxide implants